It is a well known fact that advertising is a crucial part of any company’s success, as it is the reason people come to patronize your business. However, many small business are unable to pay the price that advertising requires, still there are simple, overlooked ways you can promote your business/product in the UK without spending any money.
- Leverage on social media platforms. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and some other social media platforms, have made many people millionaires today through publicity. The world we are living in today is a digital one, and everyone is following the trend. According to statistics from PEW, about 73% of Americans operate a smart phone. The best way to advertise your business using these platforms is to ensure you have enough active followers, who will see what you put up. Take advantage of the business page on Facebook for instance, and get you friends to like it. They will be updated on everything happening on the page, including new sales. For best results though, use the 5-3-2 ratio to engage your social media audience. Put up 5 posts for matters that relate to your audience, 3 non-sales post that are related to your audience and 2 random posts that has nothing to do with your business.
- Use classified Ads. Many news papers and magazines feature a column for classified ads, which have been very effective in bringing awareness to the public about a brand or product. Today, there are many online platforms that can help post your classified ads for free, on their website. You should take advantage of the opportunity. You can visit classiland.co.uk for more information about posting free classified adverts on their site.
- Banner Ad exchange programs. Banners are pictures carrying enough information about your brand. Unlike classified ads that are text-based, banner ads are image-based and are just as effective as classified ads, if not more. A well formed and attractive banner ad posted on various website, is bound to draw more attention and encourage sales. Read more about banner ads exchange programs here. Registering with a banner exchange programs ensure that visitors from the host websites where your ad is showing will come to your site and patronize you, and it is completely for free.
- Word of mouth. This is the most inexpensive way to advertise your business in the UK. It is very important that your customers are 101% satisfied with your business delivery, because they are sure to tell family members, friends, enemies and strangers of how good your company was to them. You don’t want to miss out on such a free way to advertise your company, do you?
- Start a blog. This is another inexpensive ways to advertise your business, but be careful about how you do it. Blogs speak about issues that relate to people, make your blog one that can answer burning questions, or teach people new things. Then once in a while you can chip in a little about what your brand does. This way you get more people visiting your blog and engaging the comment section.