New and existing businesses seek to expand their customer base and remain relevant in their community. I’m sure you desire the same for your budding business. So here are some easy tips that can shift your new business into the limelight. Here we go!
1. Know your customers. It is mortifying to see many new business owners operating their businesses without vision or a plan. You must understand that you are creating that business to please people. Okay, take in a deep breathe and meditate on that for a while. Yes! You thought of that business idea because you discovered a need in your local community, and you decided to meet it. It is therefore expedient that you understand the people you want to serve through your business. Develop and modify your products or services to satisfy your customers’ needs; it will make them keep coming to you. So encourage and take note of their feedback, and implement some of them. When next they visit your establishment or use your products and services, they will notice that you valued and used their feedback.
2. Excellent customer service is key. When I see some businesses portray poor customer service, I’m amazed. You must do all you can to make your customers happy. Understand their language and needs, be empathetic, and forward about their happiness. Do not allow any customer to leave your establishment in anger or disappointment. Not only would you have lost them, but you could also lose the people they know. Word of mouth is crucial in promoting your local business in the UK, so having a bad word spread about your business by a disgruntled customer will set you back aways.
3 Build your customer base. Excellent customer service keep existing customers coming. Staying in contact or alerting them about new deals or promotional events ahead of time is a way to keep in touch. You also need to use every tool at your fingertips to draw in new customers, be it through classified ads or banner exchange programs and many others. Balance the scale between nurturing existing customers and getting new ones, don’t let any party suffer neglect.
4. Take advantage of Social media. If only you know just how powerful social media is to your company, you will take it more seriously. Social media gives you a farther reach than just your locality, and you can do business even with people abroad. Not only that, social media allows you to learn what customers are saying about your brand; it also helps you attract new customers.
5. Network. Networking allows you to build relationships with other people, so invest in building your networks. Attend networking events. You can even host little events that will be instrumental in building new relationships with people that will be part of your business growth.
6. Community service. Serving your society is a great way to build awareness for your brand, which will, in turn, attract new business for you. Give back to your community, participate in a community event or project, or consider any philanthropic activity as a brand.